Journal of Transportation and Statistics
The Journal of Transportation and Statistics (JT&S) is a periodically issued journal that serves the transportation community by increasing the understanding of the role of transportation in society, its function in the economy, and its interactions with the environment. In addition, the JT&S will again provide a forum for the latest developments in transportation information and data, theory, concepts, and methods of analysis relevant to all aspects of the transportation system.
The JT&S publishes original research on the use of information to improve public and private decision making for transportation. We are soliciting contributions that broadly support this objective. Examples of the type of material sought include:
- measuring transportation activity and the performance of transportation systems
- quantifying and analyzing the importance of transportation and its consequences
- measuring and analyzing transportation trends
- advancing the science of acquiring, validating, managing and disseminating transportation information
- calculating sustainable energy
- analyzing data for transportation planning and operations
A Safety Issue is scheduled for publication in 2013. No further manuscripts are being accepted for this issue.
Announcement regarding the next issue will be made when funding is received. Until funding is received for the next issue of the JT&S, we are not accepting manuscript submissions.
Government funding for the JT&S is uncertain at this time, so we do not have scheduled date for publication of the next issue.
The views presented in the articles in this journal are those of the authors and not necessarily the views of the Bureau of Transportation Statistics. All material contained in this journal is in the public domain and may be used and reprinted without special permission; citation as to sources is required.
For further information, please contact Alan Jeeves, Editor-in-Chief at email@example.com.
Previous Issues of JT&S:
- Volume 10, Number 1 (2014)
- Volume 9, Number 1 (2006)
- Volume 8, Number 3 (2005)
- Volume 8, Number 2 (2005)
- Volume 8, Number 1 (2005)
- Volume 7, Number 2/3 (2004)
- Volume 7, Number 1 (2004)
- Volume 6, Number 2/3 (2003)
- Index for Volumes 1–7 (HTML-74KB | PDF-126KB)
- Author Index for Volumes 1–6 (HTML-29KB | PDF-49KB)
- Volume 6, Number 1 (2003)
- Volume 5, Number 2/3 (2002)
- Volume 5, Number 1 (2002)
- Volume 4, Number 2/3 (September/December 2001) - Special Issue on Methodological Issues in Accessibility
- Volume 4, Number 1 (April 2001)
- Volume 3, Number 3 (December 2000)
- Volume 3, Number 2 (September 2000) - Special Issue on the Statistical Analysis and Modeling of Automotive Emissions
- Volume 3, Number 1 (April 2000)
- Volume 2, Number 2 (December 1999)
- Volume 2, Number 1 (May 1999)
- Volume 1, Number 3 (October 1998)
- Volume 1, Number 2 (May 1998) - Special Issue on the Northridge Earthquake
- Volume 1, Number 1 (January 1998)