Freight Facts and Figures, developed by the Bureau of Transportation Statistics, is a collection of charts and statistical tables about freight transportation in the United States. These interactive visualizations and tables provide a snapshot of freight movement; the extent, condition, and performance of the freight transportation system; the economic implications of freight movement; and the safety, energy, and environmental impacts of freight transportation.
We introduce this new digital version of Freight Facts and Figures. In these stories, we continue to release the statistics contained in the annual publication that has been produced since 2004. The new format features interactive charts and tables, open and accessible data, and regular updates to the content.
BTS strives to continually improve Freight Facts and Figures. If you have an suggestion on how to make this product better, find an issue, or have a question, please contact us at Ask A Librarian. We welcome your feedback.
- Activity Summary of Roadside Safety Inspections by Motor Carrier Inspection Type
- Automated Track Inspection Program (ATIP) Exceptions per 100 Miles
- Average Daily Long-Haul Truck Traffic on the National Highway System: 2015
- Average Hourly Wages in Select Freight Transportation-Related Occupations
- Average Time for Commercial Vehicles to Travel One Mile At Select U.S.-Canada Border Crossings
- Average Truck Speeds on Select Interstate Highways: 2017
- Average Truck Speeds on Select Metropolitan Area Interstates
- Average Truck Transit Time at Select U.S.-Mexico Border Crossings
- Average Vessel Capacity per Call at U.S. Ports