National Transportation Statistics presents statistics on the U.S. transportation system, including its physical components, safety record, economic performance, the human and natural environment, and national security. This is a large online document comprising more than 260 data tables plus data source and accuracy statements, glossary and a list of acronyms and initialisms.
This Internet edition of the National Transportation Statistics is updated quarterly.
- Summary Statistics on Demographic Characteristics and Total Travel: 1969, 1977, 1983, 1990, 1995, 2001 and 2009
- System Kilometers Within the United States
- System Mileage Within the United States
- Tonnage of Top 50 U.S. Water Ports, Ranked by Total Tons
- Top U.S. Foreign Trade Freight Gateways by Value of Shipments (Current $ billions)
- Train Fatalities, Injuries, and Accidents by Type of Accident(a)
- Transit and Grade-Crossing Fatalities by Rail Transit Mode
- Transit and Grade-Crossing Incidents by Rail Transit Mode
- Transit and Grade-Crossing Injuries by Rail Transit Mode