Transportation plays a vital role in the American economy: it makes economic activity possible, and serves as a major economic activity itself. Transportation Economic Trends 2018, released December 2018, highlights important trends in transportation and the economy, and explains related concepts and data sources for a general audience.
Download PDF (19.5 MB)
Transportation Economic Trends 2018 Table of Contents
- Front Matter
- Chapter 1: Summary Indicators
- Chapter 2: Transportation’s Contribution to the Economy
- Chapter 3: How Much Does Transportation Cost?
- Chapter 4: Transportation Employment
- Chapter 5: Transportation Productivity
- Chapter 6: Household Spending on Transportation
- Chapter 7: Government Transportation Revenues and Expenditures
- Chapter 8: Value of And Investment in Transportation Infrastructure and Other Assets
- Glossary; Acronyms and Initialisms