BTS Staff members often prepare highly technical and statistical research papers on a range of transportation topics for outside sources such as the Transportation Research Board, transportation and statistical journals, or for inclusion in books. For some papers, there is both a Research-at-a-Glance summary of the paper, as well as a link to the full research paper. BTS staff also prepare working papers on various transportation topics.
- An Analysis of Labor and Multifactor Productivity in Air Transportation: 1990–2001, Research at a Glance, Full Report
- Estimation and Analysis of Multifactor Productivity in Truck Transportation: 1987–2003
- Impacts of Productivity Changes on Profits, Prices, and Labor Compensation in Air Transportation: 1990–2001, Research at a Glance, Full Report
- A Primer on Multifactor Productivity: Description, Benefits, and Uses
- Transportation Investment and GDP, Some Concepts, Data, and Analysis
BTS Working Papers - The results reported in these papers are deemed preliminary and should be treated as such.