Maritime and Inland Waterway Transportation
- BTS highlights aspects of maritime and inland waterway transportation in the Transportation Statistics Annual Report and publishes tables related to maritime and inland waterway transportation in National Transportation Statistics.
- BTS publishes Port Performance Freight Statistics on the capacity and throughput of the top 50 ports by tonnage, container traffic, and dry bulk.
- BTS publishes navigable waterway network data in the National Transportation Atlas Database and related maps in the Map Gallery.
- Maritime and inland waterway transportation is featured in Freight Facts and Figures, the Freight Analysis Framework (FAF), the Commodity Flow Survey, and TransBorder Freight Data.
- The National Census of Ferry Operators includes the extent, capacity, and use of ferries from major systems to one-boat operations across small bodies of water.
- Additional statistics are available from the data programs of the Maritime Administration and the Waterborne Commerce Statistics Center of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
- The National Transportation Library repository includes research reports, policy documents, and historical materials related to railroad transportation.